Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold day, warm hearts

Seattle's going through a spate of record cold temperatures, going down to 19 degrees on Monday, and not a lot warmer today. Cold weather shelters opened last weekend, just in time. I spent the day getting my heart warmed - eggnog and conversation around the newly decorated tree at St. Mary-on-the-Lake and then dinner with my Tuesday night friends, a group of Sisters and Associates that gathers in our house on Seattle's Capitol Hill for conversation, food and prayer. It was the last Tuesday for Dorothy and me: Dorothy's headed back to the Novitiate in New Jersey and I'm headed south. So we were wonderfully celebrated and blessed for our journeys, and the cold air I met outside as I walked to the car just didn't seem to penetrate as far, my heart was so warm.

And in just eleven days, the rest of me will catch up in the tropical warmth of El Salvador.

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I was actually looking for Alexandra's address and found your blog, etc.
    I wish you the best in El Salvador. I have not had time to read much of what you will be doing soon.
    I have been a long time away from Yakima. We have a blog. www.mptinpalestine.blogspot.com

    You may see my picture now and then.
    martha_larsen@yahoo.com
    Peace, martha

    ReplyDelete