Monday, December 8, 2008

One Special Rosary

At the missioning/blessing party Saturday I received a special present from my friend Patti Moore. Patti and I have been exchanging long e-mail letters, and in one of hers she talked about her special glow-in-the-dark rosary, which was a great source of comfort on nights when she'd wake up from a bad dream. Patti, who is an amazing writer and photographer (as witness, see the photo here, though the web does not do it justice), came to the party with her camera, and came up to me at the end. "Here," she said, "hold out your hand." I did, and she gave me her glow-in-the-dark rosary, for comfort in those nights in El Salvador when my community and friends seem too far away. Thank you, Patti, I will take it with me for comfort and for courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment