Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Guests and ghosts

Patti Moore, a friend from Tacoma, flew in last night for a two week visit. She and Jen Cowan are my first guests in the Suchitoto house, and of course I want everything to be perfect for their visit. Not too much hope of that! Shortly after dinner and prayers, the most horrid and ghostly noise - a loud, horrid and ghostly whistling, perfect for the sound track of horror movies - started up. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but by a process of elimination figured out it wasn't coming from the house. I went outside and checked with my neighbors, who told me that the building on the other side of our house used to be a movie theater, and there are some big fans up in the top that are turned by the north wind and make that ghostly, ghastly sound. I'm praying for the wind to come from anywhere but the north!

No comments:

Post a Comment