Saturday, March 13, 2010

Things to take back


I'm beginning to assemble a mighty pile of things to take back. There are the vitamins, and my refilled prescriptions, and yesterday I added the lightest and most important item: three apostilles. These beautiful documents, produced by the Secretary of State's office in Olympia, certify that the license and curriculum vitae of the three doctors who will be part of our May eye surgery mission have been notarized by an authentic notary in the state of Washington. I drove down to Olympia yesterday with my sister Kathy, and the whole process was cheerfully completed within 20 minutes. Our lack of apostilles for the February mission gave me serious anxiety and a bit of heartburn, but now that I know how this process works, I can see that it will be an easy requirement to fulfill in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment