Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Looking good


A joyful community of seniors (mostly) came to Dra. de Burgos' office yesterday from San Juan Opico for the final post-cataract-surgery checkup - and another group will come today . In this final checkup they receive reading glasses, which they are happily showing off in this photo. Three of the 42 patients need follow-up laser surgery, which Dra. de Burgos has scheduled for Thursday.

One woman told me yesterday how wonderful it is to be able to recognize her family and friends at a distance, how good it is to be able to see what's on the other side of a room. A man said he rejoiced in being able to read the Bible again. Everyone asked me to say a big THANK YOU to the doctors and the team. I just wish I could transmit all the hugs I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment